A day in the life of the top real-estate broker in the US, who sold $2.2 billion worth of homes in 2018, wakes up at 5 a.m. every day, and works out with a personal trainer 3 times a week
- Ben Caballero is the top real-estate broker in the US.
- He sold $2.2 billion worth of homes in 2018.
- Caballero lives in Frisco, Texas, and oversees a team of more than 22 people, some of whom work remotely and some of whom work from the office in Addison, Texas.
- He wakes up at 5:00 a.m., watches the news with his dog, spends the day in client presentations and meetings with his team, and works out three times a week with his personal trainer.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Ben Caballero is the top real-estate broker in the US, according to REAL Trends, a residential brokerage industry publication. He sold $2.2 billion worth of homes in 2018.
The Texas-based broker has been ranked as the top real-estate agent for nearly a decade by REAL Trends for both total sales and number of transactions. In 2018, the most recent year for which data is available, he sold 5,793 homes — an average of 111 homes a week.
He only sells new-construction residential properties and he works with volume builders only — or companies that build several hundred homes a year, sometimes up to 3,000.
Caballero created an online platform, HomesUSA, exclusively for volume home builders to track these hundreds of homes. The platform streamlines the process of creating a listing, tracking the progress of a house’s construction, and updating the listing when photography is added and when the home is complete. Caballero manages listings for more than 60 builders in the Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio areas.
He lives in Frisco, Texas, with his fiancée, Linda, and his dog, Sammy. Caballero has a son and a daughter.
Here’s a look at a typical day for Caballero.
The Texas-based broker created HomesUSA.com, an MLS (multiple listing service) platform for home builders to track the progress of their homes and manage listings. Caballero manages listings for more than 60 builders in the Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio areas…more